Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
The primary mission of this website is to showcase my cake creations and cupcake designs. Make sure to follow us on facebook....search "Couture Cakes by Angela" and like our facebook page and don't forget to view the photo galleries!!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wedding Cake of the Year Competition

Well, this post is bitter sweet for me. I designed a cake for the wedding cake competition of the year hosted by Cake Central in Washington. I discovered this morning that the file containing my information and photos did not get sent properly over the internet causing me to miss the deadline. Since I am unable to enter the contest this year (there is always next year!!) I am going to share the cake creation I made with all my viewers...YAY!! I have had to be secretive about this cake and could not post it ANYWHERE (according to contest regulations) which means there are many fans I have that know about what I have been up to but have not been able to see "it" yet.


Background
It all started with a flower.....one of my favorite Spring flowers, the tulip. The color scheme came next, bright Spring greens and tangerines. These colors scream Spring to me when everything in the world is fresh and new. I then sketched out my design on paper so I had a visual to build from.



My Original Sketch

Then I began the process of making, bulding, and decorating this Spring garden inspired wedding cake. Enjoy!!

Just covered the cake in fondant and stacked the pieces together

Working away on the fondant pearls

beginning to add fondant details

and a beautiful bow

nearly done

Close-up of the finished top half

the daisy "crown"....

....and flower garden cameo....

open lace work with pearls and hand made flower accents


hand painted fondant tulips

sitting pretty in the sunlight

The completed wedding cake in all its glory! 

This cake was a labor of love and one that I believe captures my love of fondant cakes and the Spring Season!  I cannot wait for the wedding cake competition next year.  Let the planning begin!!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I haven't ever seen anything like it which I think will be so important for this competition. Good Luck, although I believe you really don't need it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended Reads

Followers