Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
The primary mission of this website is to showcase my cake creations and cupcake designs. Make sure to follow us on facebook....search "Couture Cakes by Angela" and like our facebook page and don't forget to view the photo galleries!!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Okay, I am biting the bullet and entering a cake decorating challenge!


I have decided to enter a state-wide cake decorating competition and I have only been decorating cakes "professionally" for about seven weeks now!  WOW!  I thought I would share with everyone what I am aspiring to do.  I have decided to go all out!  YEP, I want to recreate the Taj Mahal in cake and fondant!!!!  YIKES!  I found some pictures, one of the real landmark and others that are cake recreations, to share.  This will be a true challenge to push my skills to the limit but I am so ready for it.  Next summer cannot get here fast enough! 


       "The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.  What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."


                                                                                               ~ Thomas Paine

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me!!! I say go for it!! I know you will do a superb job as everything you have done so far shows it! You were certainly born with a gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thats GREAT news! I told you - CAKE BOSS, here she comes!! What, are there no other competitions until NEXT SUMMER? Why wait so long? You're ready now!
    You have a gift. I'm so happy you're using it! Looking at the Taj Mahal pics, I may be biased, but I think that you won't have any trouble with that & it may even be easier than the things you've conquered so far! GOOD LUCK, Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended Reads

Followers