Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
The primary mission of this website is to showcase my cake creations and cupcake designs. Make sure to follow us on facebook....search "Couture Cakes by Angela" and like our facebook page and don't forget to view the photo galleries!!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Bridal Shower in Baby Blue and Lavender





I had the honor of creating fifty cupcakes for a bridal shower.  The colors for the wedding, I was told, were baby blue's and lavender's.  The cupcakes needed to incorporate those colors.....but what about the design?  That was left completely up to me!....what I love best!!  The only tidbit of design I was told to include was something that resembled a pinwheel, since that was going to be the central theme for this upcoming wedding.





Okay, I had to design a flower that would resemble, somewhat at least, a pinwheel.  So, I created out of fondant a flower that had slightly overlapping, broad petals that (use your imagination) looks like a pinwheel from your childhood that you could blow into and make spin.  The accent flowers could be anything, so I chose a small delicate flower with a coordinating candy pearl center.





I wanted these cupcakes to be both modern and elegant, and perhaps a little whimsical too.  In order to do this I covered the cupcakes in fondant with swirls and butterflies to give it a clean, modern and whimsical touch.  The fondant flowers and lace paper wrappers gave these cupcakes the elegant feel I was looking for. 




How about the flavors!  The top tier consisted of french vanilla cake, strawberry filling, and cream cheese butter cream frosting.  The bottom tier consisted of black forest cake, cherry filling, and cream cheese butter cream frosting.  Scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended Reads

Followers