Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
The primary mission of this website is to showcase my cake creations and cupcake designs. Make sure to follow us on facebook....search "Couture Cakes by Angela" and like our facebook page and don't forget to view the photo galleries!!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sailing Away to a Brand New Baby Boy!



I am going to deviate from cakes for this entry and talk about what inspired my new creative outlet.  A few months ago I was asked to design a nautical cake for my cousin's first baby shower.   Unfortunately she was unable to make the trip from Dallas, TX to Missouri due to the pregnancy, so I was not able to design a spectacular cake for her to celebrate this momentous occasion.  It was then that my mind began turning, and I thought, why not design a baby's quilt for the nautical room she was designing for little Cooper?  I found a picture online of a sailboat I LOVED and that became the inspiration around the entire quilt design. 

Inspiration
I made some changes until I had it just the way I liked it and delivered my box of materials to a wonderful lady who is a MASTER of the needle and thread.  She took my original sketch, the fabric pieces I purchased, and my pages of notes and turned it into a breathtaking baby's quilt I immediately fell in love with!  The quilt design would have translated beautifully into a cake design.  ...perhaps I shall save this idea for another day. 


Custom anchor satin stitched into each corner of the quilt.
(notice the stars and waves stitching pattern all over!!)


Front and Back


Back of Quilt "old world" map fabric in a nautical design


Finished Baby's Quilt

Congratulations Melissa on the new little man in your life,
Captain Cooper!   

2 comments:

  1. I want to buy the pattern for the nautical baby quilt. Please call or text or email. Terrie 623-512-5614 schwartzterrie@gmail.com
    Please contact me right away.
    Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to buy the pattern for the Nautical baby quilt . Please email me at fvallette@cox.net
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended Reads

Followers