Search This Blog


About Me

My photo
The primary mission of this website is to showcase my cake creations and cupcake designs. Make sure to follow us on facebook....search "Couture Cakes by Angela" and like our facebook page and don't forget to view the photo galleries!!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And so it begins!










I have always enjoyed art whether that is drawing, painting, working with jewelry or clay and I am now venturing into the artistic side of the sugar world! I will be updating this blog site as I make new creations and talk about what inspired those beautiful and whimsical cakes! Encouraged by family, friends, and complete strangers I have decided to take the plunge and sell my creations!! This business venture begins with the baptism cake designed for a special miracle baby. All elements of this cake were hand made out of rolled fondant and then meticulously painted with edible powders and gels. The blue and white color scheme incorporates both "purity" and "baby boy" in an elegant and whimsical interpretation of what a baptism represents. The dove symbolizes the Spirit of God who watched over this precious baby at birth when he nearly died. The white rose is a symbol of the virgin mother Mary and the butterflies represent "transformation or rebirth" which is exactly what a baptism is, a new "birth" in Christ. The verse on the bible cake was provided by this little boy's mother and reads, "Every Precious Gift is from Above and sent down from the Father" ~ James 1:7.....a perfect addition to this special cake! I hope you enjoy the pictures of these beautiful cakes and are inspired by them for your own special occasion!

1 comment:

  1. Angie, I LOVE these little bluish flowers on this cake. I LOVE the butterfly in the blue & green. I think this may be my favorite design. The combination of design verses color is a perfect match! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended Reads

Followers